Sunday, November 30, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude

John Maxwell spoke on the subject of having an "Attitude of Gratitude" (goChristFellowship.com). He used the story, from Luke, of the ten lepers. Jesus healed ten, yet only one returned to express his gratitude.

None of use would be where we are today, if it were not for somebody else (in some way). However, we rarely forget or simply neglect to express gratitude for the people who got us here.

There are so many people in my life that were influential in my personal developement, and helping me achieve goals, and molding me into the person I am today, and still becoming. I would like to take a minute to express that gratitude here.

Obviously, I am thankful to my parents. Without whom no others could be thanked. Most of all, I am thankful for the Christian heritage, and values that they have instilled into my life. Without this strong Godly foundation, I shudder to think of where my life may have gone. So, thanks Mom and Dad!

I also want to thank my friend, Jarm Turner (whom I have worked with in ministry). The education I received from him, in regards to ministry, and the heart of a minister, is more valuable than any amount of money or years of formal education. He placed me in positions, and gave me responsibilities that stretched me. Without these opportunities my growth would have been stunted. My 4 years of serving under his ministry are years that I consider to be most valuable of my life and ministry. The principles I've learned from watching him minister will remain with me forever. His pastors heart is one that I strive to emulate. He is still a friend today, a person whom I feel confident in receiving advice from. Thanks, Jarm!

See also, the post, Granny's Faith (Nov. 10, 2008).

There are many others in my life who are deserving of my gratitude. Gratitude that they will receive in due time.

Who in your life is deserving of gratitude? To whom do you need to express thanks?

No comments: