Monday, January 04, 2010

Looking Ahead

I don't really make New Year's resolutions. I just like to think on the year ahead, the possibilities and opportunities, that I will be presented with, and work toward making the best of what may come.


I am really excited about the fact that a Golden Corral has been built near my home (in Jensen Beach), I anxiously await the opening day for that. They have had a "coming soon" sign up for like 2 years, but this year is it. It's built and has to be opening soon. A definite highlight of 2010!


At the end of this month I will be going to Orlando, where my father and I will be attending the Synergize2 ministry conference. Looking forward to a time of spiritual/ministry growth, equipping, and refreshment.


April 9-16, I will be flying to Guatemala (my first trip out of the US) with a missions organization called, Latin American Ministries. I'm not exactly sure what my responsibilities will be there, but it will be exciting to see what God is doing in other parts of the world.


At the end of April, first of May, I plan to fly to Covenant Christian Academy, a high school I attended in South Carolina, for a sort-of homecoming/reunion. This is a small school, so any alumni, who have ever attended there, are invited to this homecoming. It will be really cool to see all my old friends, who I've only kept in touch with on facebook.


In August, one of my best friends (and groomsman), Jeremiah, will be getting married. He has asked me to serve as a groomsman in his wedding. That's in Michigan, one state I have never been to or through.


At work (Martin County Fire Rescue) this year it is my goal to take a more proactive approach in my transition to Emergency Management. I love serving in my current position of Fire Inspector, but I want to be more versatile, so I am planning on obtaining several FEMA certifications, attending an EM Bootcamp, and various other conferences and classes. This should be an exciting year for my career.


Personally, I am currently working on a writing project and hope to have it completed by April (more on this, to come). I am looking forward to more speaking/teaching opportunities, writing projects, and posts to this blog.


May this be one of the best years of your life! Make this the year that you put action to your dreams, goals, ambitions, and passions. Allow this to be the year that you realize and begin to achieve your life's purpose!

No comments: